“Gamblers plunked 45% more quarters into slot machines when a Las Vegas casino was scented with a pleasant smell. When Hirsch increased the odor level, he found spending increased by 53%”
Sheryl Stolberg, June 1994
The United States carried out a trial that proved the right scent prompts customers to linger longer in a scented area and increase their intentions to purchase and willingness to spend.
Why Scent your Casino?
- Create a relaxing and inviting environment that gamers won’t want to leave.
- Build a multi-sensory experience in public areas.
- To trigger an emotional connection with your guests to your property.
- Eliminate offensive odors including smoke, mildew and other unintentional smells.
- Create a a signature scent and take your casino to the next level.
Why Scenting Works?
- What we smell affects our emotions by 75%.
- Builds a stronger emotional association between customers and brand through multi-sensory marketing. This directly translates to higher prices consumers are willing to pay.
- The limbic system controls memory and emotions. The only sense directly hard-wired to the limbic system is the sense of smell.